Image Map

July 3, 2015

Five for Friday 7.3.15

I can't even believe the date I just wrote... July 3rd! Where is summer going and why is it going so fast? Linking up with Doodle Bugs for another....





I guess I should start with the official news that this girl is going to a new school and new grade next year! I will be teaching 3rd grade at a school about 15 minutes from my house and couldn't be more excited! I have a feeling it's going to be a great year! 





I have already started prepping things for next year. I have tons of bright colored stuff in the classroom already, so when I saw School Girl Style's new Flamingo Watercolor Collection I knew I HAD to have it!!!! While out wandering a few days ago, I stumbled upon a few cheap finds to help make sure the classroom really looks great next year! Thank you Target Dollar Spot






We all know that just because a classroom is cute and organized doesn't mean the year will go smoothly, though it sure does help right?! So I have also been plugging away on some personal pd reading. Some of these gems are re-reads and some are brand new. BTW I LOVE Word Nerds. If you have not yet read it, add it to your cart immediately. I will be doing an entry on it as soon as I finish the last chapter later this week. 




I can't forget it is summer and time to relax. I have been working and playing pool side and trying not to die from the extreme Florida heat. 





And of course spending lots of time with my favorite boys!!!!



What are you up to lately? Link up and share your Five for Friday

4 comments:

  1. Florida! yep I'll bet you are warming up. I live in Alaska, we had some 80 degree weather last week which dropped to 60s, so we are chillin. Congrats on your new job, I'll bet your classroom will look great, I hope you will post a tour when it is set up. Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is quite warm here. I will be posting a tour when the room is all done!

      Delete
  2. Number Sense Routines is an AMAZING book! I'm reading Word Nerds as well this summer! :) Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love number sense routines! I am really excited for Math Sense this summer. I feel like because of my passion for literacy, I tend to focus more on that and forget how cool math is too!

      Delete