Image Map

January 2, 2016

Plans & Goals for 2016

Linking up with Schroeder's Shenanigans & Lucky Little Learners for #2getherwearebetter to share my huge plans and goals for 2016




My #onelittlewordfor2016 is READY coming from this wonderful quote I stumbled upon a few weeks ago that really resounded with me...

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives." - Lemony Snicket -




Since graduating and starting my teaching career in 2011 I have lived my life waiting... waiting to live.... waiting to be happy.... waiting to be awesome. No more waiting, I am READY! So here is how my #olw2016 will apply to my personal life and teaching career. 



After many years bouncing around schools and grade levels (due to several different life circumstances and situations) I am absolutely LOVING 3rd grade. Like {giant puffy heart} love what I teach each and every day. I am READY to step up my game and give 110% to my students and beyond excited at the thought of being a permanent 3rd grade teacher. 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have been given different tasks and roles that will help shape new and struggling teachers and I am READY to be an amazing mentor and give these teachers whatever I need to get them moving. Over the past few days I have been reading Ron Clark's Move Your Bus and am so pleased with how much that book has really opened my eyes already. 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Now that my masters is out of the picture, I am READY to really dive into creating my brand name (not that one exists yet :) ) and focus a little more on my blogging, building relationships with amazing blogging teachers, and creating more products for TPT and my classroom. 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Professional development and life shaping experiences are on my list for 2016. I am finally READY to stop letting my anxiety and excuses stop me. I want to step into RCA and experience all that it has to offer. I want to go to vegas instead of pouring through instagram photos and periscopes wishing I was there. I am READY


I have less on my plate this year thanks to graduation a few weeks ago. I am READY to give my health- physical and mental/emotional- the time and attention it deserves. The husband and I have planned date nights throughout the year that pull us out of our comfort zone. We will be volunteering, skeet shooting, and parasailing to name a few. I am also READY to get back on the health bandwagon I was thrown off of when I decided to be a full time teacher and student. 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
After a long journey, the husband and I are also ready to put down roots. Excuses are done, we are finally going to follow our hearts to somewhere we have always wanted to be and couldn't be more excited. We have loved our time in Florida and it has shaped us greatly, but I will always love my home in Michigan. And these last couple years have been a wonderful adventure. But this is the year for finally settling down. Possibly buying a house? Maybe starting a family? We have big plans, and we shall see what happens. Either way- I'm READY! 

Stop by and link up... share your plans and goals for 2016. Happy New Year! 

1 comment:

  1. Love your optimism for the new year! I think READY is a prefect word as we head into a new year full of possibilities! Enjoy yourself and hope you find that forever place to call your own!

    Best wishes!
    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete