Image Map

February 27, 2015

Five for Friday! What an Awesome Week!!

Link up!
What a week!!!! All I can say is TGIF!!!!


I couldn't be happier or more proud of the progress my littles are making! As I have mentioned a few times before, they were VERY below level when we met in September. This little baby in particular was my lowest. He was unable to pass a Founts & Pinnell level A reading or identify about half of the letters or sounds in the alphabet. We have been doing a lot of phonemic awareness intervention and he continues to amaze me daily. He is now reading at a level C and can read and spell words with short and long vowels, blends, and digraphs! This is my favorite thing about teaching 1st grade- GROWTH! 





Today was our "100's" Day. Technically it was day 104. Given entering late, snow days, breaks, and subs that don't follow the plans.... my team and I were a little off. Opps! Oh well, the kids didn't notice and had a blast. We are breaking it to them on Monday. As this was my first year in primary land, I found today magical! We used ten frames to make 100 snacks, we wrote 100 words, we did odd tasks in 100 seconds! But my absolute favorite was our "When I'm 100" writing prompt. I did not create this, I found it but I LOVE IT!!!!






Hubby and I went to test out the new aquarium that opened near us to see if it has field trip potential on Sunday. It was so stinking cute! Definitely could see my littles LOVING this place!!! 





Again with being super proud of my babies this week (and all the time of course)! We moved on to what I thought was going to be a difficult math concept.... place value- breaking apart numbers into tens and ones and adding "bigger" numbers. They rocked it out! The February Math Centers from Turnstall's Teaching Tidbits are wonderful! 



We have been together for over 5 months now, and it still blows my mind each time I think back to the first day I walked into the classroom to meet them.... We have come so far! 




No comments:

Post a Comment